I had heard something about that before but I would be lieing if I said I compleatly understand it. Not tring to sound stupid but #1 why is it a bad thing and #2 were there any upside that made it seem like a good idea at the time?
I had heard something about that before but I would be lieing if I said I compleatly understand it. Not tring to sound stupid but #1 why is it a bad thing and #2 were there any upside that made it seem like a good idea at the time?
its a bad thing because it was created after the crash of 1929 which was due in large part to banks getting involved in other areas of finance (brokerage, ins, etc)
things were fine for almost 70 years after that
once the gates were opened again for banks to merge/buy brokerage firms/ins companies........things got crazy again and here we are today
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
It was a typical Democrat short term fix at the time...made CLinton look like a genious when it first went through, because it actually boosted the economy short term, but as the banks got carried away, it went down hill, as expected...
Need A Penny? Take A Penny...Need 2 Pennies? Get A Job!!!
[img]http://content.clearchannel.com/Photos/sports_photos/College/Football/james-davis-GI.jpg[/img]
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was a typical Democrat short term fix at the time...made CLinton look like a genious when it first went through, because it actually boosted the economy short term, but as the banks got carried away, it went down hill, as expected...</div></div>
just like the "stimulus" package???????
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: burton2019</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: neutral88</div><div class="ubbcode-body">It was a typical Democrat short term fix at the time...made CLinton look like a genious when it first went through, because it actually boosted the economy short term, but as the banks got carried away, it went down hill, as expected...</div></div>
just like the "stimulus" package??????? </div></div>
which is only now required because of the mistakes of prior administrations that set the ball in motion for this to happen......and after years of building the top fianlly blew off
[img]http://inlinethumb10.webshots.com/5577/2061259960091622927S425x425Q85.jpg[/img]
[img]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_6s6CdLQRCP0/SREpSZXb99I/AAAAAAAAATU/3O3G-P2Jqkc/s400/tombstone.jpg[/img]
Over a decade isn't short term...it isn't like the GOP hasn't had 8 years to fix it with a congress that would OK anything the president did.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sup-rbeast</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Over a decade isn't short term...it isn't like the GOP hasn't had 8 years to fix it with a congress that would OK anything the president did. </div></div>
wht did the dems take control of congress?
Make it 7 years then...regardless Bush could have asked for John the Baptist's head on a plate during those years and someone in the GOP congress would've found it, dug it up, and brought it to Washington...so it isn't an excuse..they could have undone anything previous administrations did. You can't dodge the fact this whole economy collapse happened on their watch.
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
It had been picked up under his watch at the beginning of his term as well, after showing signs in 2000 of a recession. Ebb and flow, ebb and flow. Its the way the economy has always been no matter who is in office.
"Call me crazy, but I want to buy the Dallas Cowboys end zone and have the star right at the foot of my bed. That way when I score, I can spike the ball right on the star!" -Woody Paige, Around the Horn 10.9.08
Bookmarks